Thursday 19 February 2015

LOVE FROM A PURE HEART

There have been times I have laid on my bed with a lot of things running through my mind so I decided to put them down in writing. One of these days happened to be a Christmas morning. I asked myself some questions, God gave us Jesus because of His love for us, that's right you will say, John 3:16 told us that. I kept pondering on that love and giving and it dawned on me to just ask myself this question- How much have i given to God and others out of love? For the first part of the question , i could still mention a few but i had to think deeply before i could actually give an answer on whether it was born out of love or not, 1 Cor 13 tells us God's stand about it, verse 3 says even if i dole out all that i have to the poor in providing  food, and if i surrender my body to be burned or in order that i may glory, but have not love (God's love in me), i gain nothing{AMP}. This made me realize that the motive behind everything we do matters a lot to God and he wants it to be from this standpoint- LOVE. One of my favorite writers once wrote, "O lord, deal with the passion of my heart , let it be for you and you alone. let my zeal to seek you not erupt from a desire to satisfy the longing of the carnal heart. it is too costly to take such long trip only for the meat that perishes." we have to get to that point in our lives and take the decision that in everything we say, think or desire, we want it to be born out of love which is from a pure heart.let this be our watchword.

No comments:

Post a Comment